You also have the option to refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman if:

We’ve reached a stalemate despite our best efforts and we’ve stated that there is nothing further that we can do to resolve the complaint. We will issue you with a deadlock letter if this were to happen


It’s been 8 weeks since you raised the complaint and you feel that we haven’t resolved your complaint to your satisfaction.

The Energy Ombudsman is an independent, free to use service that resolves customer complaints in an impartial manner. Once a complaint has been referred to the Energy Ombudsman, it will then investigate the issue with both you and us. You are not bound by any ruling that the Energy Ombudsman may issue but we would be. That decision may include:

That we provide an apology
An explanation from Bryt Energy
A service or action that benefits you (e.g. removal of incorrectly billed charges)
Compensation (if applicable)
You can reach the Energy Ombudsman;
By phone: 0330 440 1624 (opening hours – 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
By email:
By post: Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF
Further independent advice for micro businesses

The Citizens Advice Energy service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on any issues you may have in relation to your energy supply. You can contact them by phone: 03454 04 05 06 (opening hours – 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday).

Or you can visit their website for more information at

We will fully co-operate with both the Energy Ombudsman and Citizens Advice if you wish to involve them in seeking an acceptable resolution to your complaint.