We are looking to recruit three Business Readiness & Implementation Specialists to join the Customer Operations team in three new positions. You’ll report into the Head of each relevant Operational department, with a matrix management reporting line to the Director of Customer Operations & HR.
The successful candidate will support the business with existing process design and optimisation, will produce operational process related training content and will deliver training to all Operational employees. They will also be required to undertake full business readiness activities for future system and industry changes which are undertaken.
We are looking for someone who has the technical experience and capabilities to review and optimise processes to deliver efficiencies and improved operational and customer benefits. We also require someone who has strong stakeholder skills to be able to design and deliver training content to all operational employees in an informative, professional and engaging way.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Customer Operations department in a new position to support the business with process optimisation, training and upskilling of employees and change related business readiness activities.
You’ll be working with colleagues to achieve common goals, so the ability to communicate within a team effectively and openly is essential to achieve a consistent working environment and approach. Whilst you will be personally responsible for the delivery of specific areas of the customer life cycle, the ability to work cross functionally is critical so you can support your colleagues and ensure business continuity of their areas in their absence.
You’ll be creating process documents for all operational activities in line with regulatory requirements and relevant business processes. You’ll also be completing deep dives of existing processes to identify areas of optimisation where efficiencies can be delivered through process refinement. You’ll also be working with our system provider to review existing training content to create Bryt specific training material which you will then use to deliver training to specific employees. This training will be used for new starter induction processes, cross skilling and business and industry changes. The material you create must be effective in achieving a consistent working practice for all employees who you train.
You’ll also work cross functionally to assess the impact of wider business or regulatory changes on the Customer Operations team. You will then proactively develop process documentation and deliver training updates to ensure employee knowledge is maximised in advance of changes being implemented.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Working collaboratively with the Customer Operations management team to take a strategic approach to review, create, refine and document the customer process life cycle. This will be achieved using appropriate process mapping and training documentation. An ability to run effective workshops to gather existing process knowledge is essential.
- Reviewing complex industry processes and regulatory material and creating engaging, informative and compliant documents for employees to expand their knowledge of the energy industry.
- Delivering training to all employees in the Customer Operations team to ensure a consistent understanding of core processes to deliver a positive experience to our customers. This includes new starter induction processes, change management related training and cross skilling of employees.
- Becoming a subject matter expert in your designated areas to be able to accurately provide guidance and directions for the resolution of any employee questions.
- Being seen as an ambassador for change by having a positive mindset and strong interpersonal skills to engage people at all organisational levels.
- Identifying root causes of complaints or customer queries and proactively reviewing and enhancing existing processes to improve the overall customer experience. This will include completing QA checks of core processes to identify knowledge gaps to create training material to develop employees.
- Working with HR to ensure a timely and thorough and consistent delivery of the induction process for new employees.
- Working with IT to ensure an aligned approach to business changes with a forward thinking approach to prepare employees for future changes. This will include cross functional working to create a business readiness and implementation strategy for process, system, or regulatory change.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
What you’ll bring to the team:
- The ability to work effectively cross functionally within all teams across the business, with a higher volume of interaction required with the IT area of the business.
- Experience of managing business readiness activities for changes of significant scale.
- A can do attitude where flexibility is required to adapt to specific business challenges, alongside being able to maintain delivery of all mandated core requirements.
- A practical and solution based mindset to be able to innovate and deliver process efficiencies.
- An engaging and positive attitude with a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Experience of working at previous energy suppliers in a similar business readiness or training role.
Education and Training:
- It is desirable, but not essential, that you have previously worked within the energy industry and have a working awareness of operational processes and regulatory areas.
- Whilst training can be provided for candidates without energy industry experience, to make an immediate impact it is highly desirable to have an extensive understanding of core customer and industry related operational processes.
- Previous experience of delivering training is desirable with associated formal training having been completed.
- An externally recognised coaching qualification would be desirable but not essential.
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong MS Office skills are essential, primarily in Viso, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of process mapping, process optimisation and a solution focussed mindset.
- Previous experience of creating and delivering training content to employees.
- Effective levels of internal and external stakeholder management, with strong influencing skills at all organisational levels.
- A collaborative working style, with the ability to build rapport and achieve common business objectives.
- Highly effective organisation and prioritisation skills with the initiative and ability to proactively plan and prioritise own work.
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to changing priorities.
- A professional written and verbal communication style.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.