- Collate, measure, and document Bryt Energy’s carbon footprint to ISO14064 standard and beyond.
- Analyse datasets and specifically Scope 3 emissions in the value chain, in relation to Bryt Energy’s Science Based targets. Support communication initiatives with the supply chain to implement emissions tracking and reduction.
- Support carbon offsetting and sequestration projects.
- Carry out in-depth research on a range of subjects in the sustainability arena, analyse and pull out key insights, then working with the Marketing Team to produce blogs and campaigns for external audiences, as well as briefings for internal staff use.
- Support the production of the Bryt by Nature annual report on our sustainability journey.
- Input into the activities around the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), and embed our priority SDG’s across the business.
- Support any plans and initiatives as part of strategy for Net Zero, e.g. SBTI, Race to Zero.
- Day to day management of our UN Global Compact membership, sustainable travel polices and ownership of Modeshift STARS.
- Identify and implement improved sustainable office initiatives e.g. Recycling.
- Support the Marketing Team with day-to-day social media activity and key sustainability marketing communications.
- Be involved with any employee engagement initiatives to drive the culture and sustainability of the business.
- Own the creation and distribution of renewable electricity certificates for our customers.
- Working with advanced IT systems to allow in depth data analysis and production of reports as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
An ideal role for someone at the beginning of their career in the sustainability field. A unique opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about Sustainability and really wants to make a difference in a growing company. We live and breathe sustainability and doing the right thing, and the successful candidate will help drive this agenda even further within our business.
The idea candidate will:
• Be highly competent handling large and complex data sets with good analytical and numeracy skills.
• Be a real self-starter with a forward-thinking approach and enthusiastic nature.
• Enjoy taking ownership and being accountable for their own work. Can self-manage where required and therefore can prioritise work effectively and work to strict deadlines.
• Be a team player who can work effectively within their immediate team and across the wider business to deliver results.
• Be somebody who enjoys problem solving and has strong attention to detail.
• Have a hunger and real desire to achieve, succeed, develop and grow.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Maths and English GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2).
• Evidence of continuous professional development if required.
• Exposure and proven knowledge of a range of CSR/Sustainability topics.
• In depth research skills and ability to identify key points/trends on sustainability matters.
• Handling large and complex data sets with good analytical and numeracy skills.
• Knowledge of Climate change science.
• Project management and organisational skills.
• Highly competent with excel, data, IT systems and processes.
• A high level of numeracy skills with the natural ability to take an analytical approach to data and initiatives.
• Great communication and influencing skills, and very capable of working within a fast-paced agile environment.
• A customer-first approach to everything.
• Enjoys problem solving, questioning the norm and has strong attention to detail.
• A real self-starter with a forward-thinking approach and enthusiastic nature.
• Enjoys taking ownership and being accountable for their own work.
• A hunger and real desire to achieve, succeed, develop and grow.
• Is passionate about sustainability and making a difference.
• Recent graduate in relevant degree, OR 1-2 years’ experience in sustainability role.
• Experience of staff engagement on CSR/Sustainability issues.
• Applying insights to marketing/ branding campaigns.
• Providing statistical analysis and performance reporting on environmental KPIs.
• Knowledge of the energy industry.
• Knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Proven knowledge of sustainability/CSR within an organisation.
• Understanding of current carbon legislation/policies for businesses.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are the person for the job (based on the person specification), and why you would like to work for Bryt Energy. Please also let us know your availability to start work. Deadline for applications is Friday 8th July.