We are looking for an experienced Smart Metering analyst with a comprehensive understanding of the “end to end” smart metering processes and Smart Firmware management.
The right candidate will work within the Customer Operations Metering & Settlement team to ensure all smart metering related processes are completed in accordance with regulatory and operational requirements. The role will require the individual to be the first point of contact for all Smart meter technical and operational queries. The role offers the opportunity to expand on their current knowledge base and also build a good understanding of other metering & settlement activities to help support the team and wider business.
- Monitoring and resolution of all Smart meter technical & operational queries.
- Developing the operational processes and Local Work Instructions (in conjunction with partners and Smart experts) to support Smart Metering operations within Bryt Energy. Including tariff changes, change of tenancies, change of supplier and post-installation reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring the companies Smart Meter Firmware Management is operating as expected. Work with the IT department to ensure fully compliant IT infrastructure is in place.
- Defining and managing Bryt Energy’s DCC Anomaly Detection thresholds & responsible for resolving any Anomaly Detection breaches and recommending remedial actions to ensure no repeat occurrence.
- Helping to compile Smart Meter operational statistics for BEIS and Ofgem regulatory reporting.
- Where required, support the company with the completion of the annual CIO audit activities.
- Where required support the Metering & Settlement Manager to create and manage Bryt Energy Smart Meter Test functions, both on site & DCC Test Lab.
- Will be a Super User for the uSmart adaptor, including raising incidents with UG helpdesk & User access control.
- Service and Incident Management. Making effective use of systems and software to manage technical relationships with a variety of third parties (DCC, Utiligroup, Meter Manufacturers, Internal and external stakeholders).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Passionate about customer service and putting the customer at the heart of everything you do. Able to work with stakeholders across the business and effectively with our customers to resolve any queries in an accurate, timely, professional, and compliant manner.
- Working within the metering and settlements team you will be able to collaboratively effectively to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
- You will have a flexible hands-on approach with high personal integrity and comfortable working to targets with the minimum of supervision.
- You will be a confident and clear communicator both internally within the company and with external customers and other stakeholders. Have the ability to challenge in an effective manner so as to maintain relationships but also comfortable voicing concerns as well as suggestions for improvement.
Education and training
- Experience within the metering industry and a good understanding of the different metering solutions used.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the end-to-end smart metering journey.
- Experience in a technical smart metering environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numerical & IT skills.
- Comfortable in presenting reports, compiling data and working with Excel to achieve our regulatory reporting requirements.
Abilities and skills:
- Proven Smart Meter technical experience, including meter configuration and firmware management.
- Experience of working with ESG DCC Adaptors – preferably either uSmart or ASe-I.
- Smart Metering Testing experience is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in finding defects and providing solutions to technical issues.
- Broad knowledge of technologies supporting smart metering in the UK.
- A good knowledge of key Supplier end to end processes (CoS, CoT, etc).
- Must be happy to undertake Security Screening to BS5758 level.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org