We are looking to recruit a Portfolio Operations Analyst in a new position to join the growing Commercial department.
Working hours: Full time Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We have a high performing, well-established and growing Portfolio and Pricing team, who are supporting significant sales growth, product developments and providing contract management, portfolio analysis and insight. This role has been created as part of a new team within Portfolio and Pricing to help support an ambitious business plan.
- Reporting to the Portfolio Operations Team Manager, the Portfolio Operations Analyst is responsible for ensuring all processes post customer signature run smoothly through the Commercial department. This will include the onboarding and booking process, logging trade confirmations, creating billing rates. There will also be some pricing activity relating to site additions.
- The Portfolio Operations Analyst will have a thorough understanding of the Bryt Energy product suite and all post contract signature processes in order to support the business in providing the required standard of service to our customers.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Maintain commercial operational tasks on all products, covering Supply, Energy Transition and any new areas. These will include:
- Maintain booking records for in-contract changes, e.g., change of tenancy or site additions.
- Manage Flex customer positions including logging and tracking of customer flex trades and production of confirmation letters.
- Manage basket customer positions including logging and tracking of customer flex trades, allocating to individual customers where necessary, and production of confirmation letters.
- Create monthly billing rates, ensuring they are accurate and timely, and liaise with Billing teams on any queries or issues. This covers standard flex customers, basket customers and those on a cash-out product.
- Update contract price elements throughout the contract lifecycle, in accordance with contract terms and agreed policies.
- Run daily nomination and operational activities for Energy Transition products.
- Pricing of site additions to be added to existing flex customers’ contracts.
- Carry out Commercial activity relating to the onboarding process following a sale. This will include:
- Create customer onboarding forms for new business wins.
- Forecast and book accepted sales volumes with Statkraft.
- For new customers and/or new baskets, setup within system to allow all trades to be logged, allocated and to ensure customer receives relevant documentation e.g. position reports, billing rates etc.
- Support the business through contract recoveries. This includes, but not limited to running of volume tolerance analysis and sold not yet live reporting.
- Run annual processes to support customer contractual requirements such as fixing non-commodity costs and/or shape fees.
- Liaise with Sales teams and Statkraft to resolve queries, request additional or missing information relating to customer contract queries.
- During busy periods, there may be some requirements to support activity within the Pricing team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Excellent analytical skills to provide meaningful insight and inform actions/decisions with an ability to interrogate and manipulate large and complex sets of data.
- Ability to understand complex problems and datasets and able to propose solutions to problems.
- Excellent attention to detail whilst keeping your focus on the context and ultimate objectives.
- Effective and adaptable communication skills for all levels of the business, with an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to bring structure to tasks.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the initiative and ability to proactively plan and prioritise own work.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic delivery of regulatory compliance.
- Ambition and drive to progress yourself, your team and the business.
Education and Training:
- Qualified to degree level (preferably in a maths or analytical related subject).
- Highly numerate with commercial acumen.
- A basic knowledge of the current UK B2B electricity supply industry and regulatory regime will be an advantage.
- Prior experience in complex energy pricing operations will be an advantage, and especially a familiarity with I&C Flex contracts.
Abilities and Skills:
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills are essential; skills in VBA coding or further applications will be an advantage.
- Highly effective organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Proactive and energetic approach, with a positive attitude and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to changing priorities.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.