We are seeking to recruit a Fixed Pricing Team Manager in a new position to join the growing Commercial department.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We have a high performing, well-established and growing Portfolio and Pricing team, who are supporting significant sales growth, product developments and providing contract management, portfolio analysis and insight. This new role has been created to support an ambitious business plan and will help us to take Bryt Energy’s commercial management and strategy to the next level as the business grows and develops.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio & Pricing, the Fixed Pricing Team Manager is responsible for a team of pricing analysts whose main role is production of fixed electricity supply offers. In addition, this role will support wider commercial activity where appropriate.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing the pricing operations and responsible for the production of fixed price tenders, with accountability for price accuracy and timeliness, and ensuring adherence to approved pricing strategies and regulatory obligations.
- Responsible for work allocation across the team and managing stakeholder expectations, especially during busy Sales round periods.
- During busy periods, there will be some requirement to carry out operational pricing activity, including cover for annual leave within the team.
- Ensuring tenders are priced in line with all applicable policies, including for Credit and Commercial delegation of authority limits.
- Subject matter expert in system and model functionality and capability, ensuring they are reliable, robust, fit for purpose, controlled and are kept up to date and well documented.
- Developing and improving existing pricing processes.
- Responsible for Pricing Team KPIs, providing regular reporting and presenting updates up to Director level.
- Managing a team of analysts, with a coaching style and performance management to support their development and ensure achievement of objectives.
- Key stakeholders will be: Sales & Marketing, Finance, IT & Projects, Statkraft, third party system providers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Knowledge of complex energy pricing operations.
- Creative and analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills, able to identify issues, clearly articulate complex requirements and to develop and drive forward solutions.
- Ability to instigate and deliver change, delivering innovative solutions to complex commercial challenges and proposing process improvements.
- The drive and skills to develop and improve operational processes and controls.
- Effective management of stakeholders and operational processes that cross team boundaries.
- Ability to deliver confident, persuasive and clear communications to stakeholders at all levels to achieve desired results with strong teamwork being maintained.
- Enthusiastic delivery of regulatory compliance.
- An eye for detail whilst keeping your focus on the context and ultimate objectives.
- Ambition and drive to progress yourself, your team and the business.
Education and Training:
- Thorough knowledge of the UK B2B electricity supply industry and regulatory regime.
- Experience of pricing B2B electricity contracts.
- Prior experience of people management will be an advantage.
- Qualified to degree level.
- Highly numerate with demonstrable commercial acumen.
Abilities and Skills:
- A good understanding of power trading arrangements, industry settlements, complex customer contract pricing and structures for the I&C electricity supply sector.
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills; knowledge of VBA and further applications will be an advantage.
- Highly effective organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively and to manage performance.
- Proactive and energetic approach, with a positive attitude and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Hands on approach and willing to get into the detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to respond to changing priorities.
THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Contact us at email@example.com.