Ofgem defines a non-domestic consumer as a micro business if they meet one of the following criteria: employs fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent) and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or uses no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year.

We would always encourage you to get in touch with our Customer Operations team as soon as you feel you are unable to pay your invoice so that we can discuss this with you.

If you would prefer to speak to someone else for free and independent financial advice then the Business Debt Line are available to help you at www.businessdebtline.org or on 0800 1976026.

We would encourage you to submit an actual meter reading on a monthly basis to ensure that your bills are accurately produced using the correct consumption levels. We will send you a meter reading reminder on a monthly basis and you can submit your reading through your online Bryt Energy portal. We will use the reading provided if it is reasonably accurate and if we view it as being incorrect we will take all reasonable steps to contact you to obtain a new meter reading. We will also take all reasonable steps to obtain a meter reading from your site on an annual basis.

Under the Smart Energy Code (SEC), we are allowed to take a meter reading from you once a month. If we need to take more than one meter reading per month, we will ask for your explicit consent and will let you know how we’ll use your data.

To see our deemed and out of contract rates, please visit here. If you’d like to switch to one of our zero carbon, 100% renewable electricity contracts, please get in touch at solutions@brytenergy.co.uk or on 0121 726 7575.

·We will give you a minimum of 60 working days notice of when you are approaching your contract end date.

·You can terminate your contract with us at the end of your supply contract, as long as you give 30 working days’ notice before the end of your contract end date. We will provide confirmation of your termination within 5 working days of receiving your notice.

If you are a microbusiness, we will ensure:


We always try to ensure that your bills are issued accurately every month. Unfortunately on some occasions we receive delayed industry information which means we need to backdate your invoices, or issue you a new invoice for a previously unbilled period.

If you are a microbusiness customer then we will not bill you for charges which have been incurred 12 months prior. The only exceptions are where we have tried to gather the required information and this has not been possible.

Please contact Citizens Advice if you need help with an energy problem – for example with your bills or meters, or if you’re struggling to pay for the energy you use. They’re the official source of free and independent energy advice and support.

You can visit them at citizensadvice.org.uk/energy or call their customer service team on 0808 223 1133, for free.